What is the best company for Jazz cymbals?

I just started playing drums and I love jazz and blues. Im trying to get the best jazz setup I can. Any help? cymbals especially right now, cause i have a decent kit. But also if you know of the best jazz kit i can buy…

4 thoughts on “What is the best company for Jazz cymbals?

1. Roy H

There are many drummers that would say that the traditional cast, hand hammered cymbals are best for jazz and there are lots of cymbals of this type like “K” Zildjians, Sabian “XX”, Bosphorus, Istanbul “Memhet” to mention just a few.

Big band jazz players tend to favour “A” Zildjians or Paiste.

Listen to your favourite drummer and find out which makes and sizes he/she uses.

Check the cymbal maker’s websites – many of them have “soundbites”

Once you find “the” cymbal you like you won’t want to change – I’ve been using my 20″ K ride for the last 27 years!

2. John V

Meinl Byzance Jazz series. Seriously. Please look at these before buying a bloody Sabian.

Look up a company called Dream Cymbals and look at their “bliss” line of cymbals. They’re like Vintage K’s!

3. steven.cerna619

sabian and zildjian have very good jazz series….personally meinls and paistes cymbal series for jazz have more of a darker funk tone but if thats what you can then go ahead

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

What is the best company for Jazz cymbals?

4 thoughts on “What is the best company for Jazz cymbals?

1. Roy H

Big band jazz players tend to favour “A” Zildjians or Paiste.

Check the cymbal maker’s websites – many of them have “soundbites”

2. John V